January 29th & 30th, 2019 | Lille, France
Launched for the first time in 2015, Silver Surfer is part of the landscape of the Silver Economy in the Hauts-de-France region as a reference initiative to support the innovations of regional start-ups and SMEs offering solutions to address the challenges of ageing and disability.
The originality of Silver Surfer: involving end-users in the process of selecting the best innovations, thus perfectly meeting their needs.
3 categories have been opened for this 4th edition of the Silver Surfer call for projects:
- Preservation and rethinking of the well-being of the elderly: solutions dedicated to the “well-ageing”;
- Housing design and adaptation (home automation, robotics, mobility, remote assistance, connected objects, personal service) in connection with age-related disorders;
- Development of technological tools for the benefit of caregivers.
The call for projects consists of four steps:
- Submission of applications on October 15th, 2018;
- Selection of five to seven projects: the selected companies will receive a € 50,000 grant to development a proof of concept;
- Prototyping: from October 2018 to the end of January 2019, the selected companies will have to work on their proof of concept. The jury and panel of users will select 3 laureates on January 30, 2019 to develop their project and benefit from a BPI grant of up to € 200,000;
- Laureates’ exhibition: the laureates will be presented during AgeingFit on January 29th and 30th, 2019.