|02nd February,2017||12 am||Track 1|
February 2nd, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Preventive healthcare: Exploring big data’s rising role in active and healthy ageing
The focus on preventive care, well-being and reducing re-admission rates in hospitals is increasing.
As healthcare costs continue to soar, the cost saving benefits of big data technology, which has already been adopted by the industry, are becoming increasingly apparent. Therefore, it would be useful to discuss the impact and possibilities of big data on the active and healthy ageing market in the future.
For example, can we imagine using personal health data to encourage people to be proactive about preserving their health by implementing positive lifestyle changes? To what extent can this information be used by the health insurance sector? What security and ethical challenges does this type of data collection present?
Our panelists will discuss the impact of big data on preventive care and its limits?
- Moderator: Bowden Richard, CEO, Assess Patients, IE
- O’Donoghue John, Senior Lecturer in eHealth & Deputy Director Global eHealth, IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON, UK
- De Kezel Stefaan, Programme Director Innovation & Smart Synergies, Ageas, BE
- Chronaki Catherine, Secretary General, HL7 Foundation, BE
- Brichet Francis, Health Manager, Coreye, FR
- Robert David, President and Founder, AETERNAM, FR